I had never been interested in purchasing these machines before because I didn't want to buy the dies and I don't scrap that often if hardly at all, so it would be a waste of money for me.
I just buy the pre-made scrap decorations when I want to make a album. But now I also just purchased the Silhouette Cameo as well, but also not for scraping but to do other things.
When it was delivered I opened the box and started to put it together I wanted to try it out right away, but I didn't have any of the Vintaj metal blanks so I had to wait another week and then I got those in the mail. I knew it needed the Vintaj metal blanks but I was not sure what they were or where to get them. Once I found them I purchased some in different shapes and sizes.
When I opened the box I had a hard time finding the handle and and I almost called the company I purchased it from thinking it was forgotten to be added to the box, but then I took one more look in the box and found them hiding in there, so I took them out and put the handles onto the Vintaj machine and started to crank, but only I didn't have any blanks. Boo!
But I have some now, so I am very very happy.
What I got with my Vintaj Bigkick and what it does......
- The Sizzix Vintaj BIGkick Machine cuts, embosses and etches many different designs, while customizing almost endless combinations of creations. Included with the BIGkick are a pair of Standard Cutting Pads and the Solo Platform & Shim
- For use with Vintaj Natural Brass metal blanks (Vintaj Arte Metal is NOT recommended) and other malleable metals only.
- This Kit includes the following:
- One Sizzix BIGkick Die Machine - Vintaj Special Edition
- DecoEtch - Fluttering Wings
- DecoEtch - Botanical Flourish
- DecoEtch - Forgotten Times
- DecoEtch - Foliage
- DecoEmboss - Butterfly Swirls
- DecoEmboss - Deco Motif
- DecoEmboss - Dragonfly Pond
- DecoEmboss - Moonlit Night
- DecoEmboss - Wildflower Vines
- DecoEmboss - Woodland Birds
- One Vintaj Metal Relief Block
Here I made a simple necklace with antique copper chain and a acorn bead charm. Very sweet.
These are the pieces that I made so far, I added some Glossy Accents and Alcohol Inks. But I am planning to go back over them with ink one more time.
I love this, it's going to be fun to design jewelry with this!