Friday, June 1, 2012

Chevron or Zig Zag

~Chevron or Zig Zag Which is it~

This is a bit confusing to me at first but I think I am beginning to understand the difference however many items I have purchased lately have been labeled Chevron when they actually zig zag. Chevron and Zig Zag are very popular right now to decorate with and for stamping and other crafts such as dies for paper crafts as well.

Here is an actual chevron designs are the first two patterns

These two designs above have a design that comes to a point in the center and then goes up. the ribbon above I used in the example is from May Arts 

Where as zig zags seem to go up and down, at least that is what it seems like to me and I have always noticed since I love rick-rack for decorations for sewing and rick-rack goes up and down.

Die-namics calls the top die design a Chevron but it looks more like a zig zag to me.
Die-namics calls the bottom die a zig zag.  

This stamp I have from calls this stamp a Chevron, this looks like a zig zag to me.

This fabric is called zig zag by  
does call this fabric Chevron, but it also looks zig zag to me and on this page here they are called zig zag.

Now if you put the top chevron pattern together you can see the real difference between the Chevron design and the zig zag. There is a real different look from the Chevron and the zig zag. 

It's definitely confusing but I think the top two patterns are the chevron, including this bottom example and the others are are all zig zag. I thought I would try to find the difference between these two patterns when I found the fabric above in the 
Quilts and More Summer 2012 magazine and it has a purse in the magazine with pattern and they call the fabric Chevron as does, but calls it zig zag. I have been hearing so much about the two and have bought several things lately with the pattens and wanted to know what the real difference was or if it was just a new name for zig zag.     

What do you think?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a wonderful day! ~Kat